Who should apply?
This visa allows people to visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and friends. This visa may also be used for other short-term non-work purposes including study for less than three months.
Get more info https://visathingexpress.com/country/australia/
Who is this visa for?
This visa is available to all passport holders who are:
- outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia
- In Australia and want to extend your stay as a visitor.
Tourist stream (subclass 600): for people travelling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends and for other purposes not related to business or medical treatment.
- If you are in Australia, your application must be made in Australia. If you apply for this visa in Australia, you must be in Australia to be granted the visa.
- If you are outside Australia, your application must be made outside Australia. If you apply for this visa outside Australia, you must be outside Australia to be granted the visa.
Business Visitor stream (subclass 600): for business people travelling to Australia for a short business visit. This includes making a general business or employment enquiry, negotiations or participating in a conference.
- You must be outside Australia when you apply, your application must be made outside Australia, and you must be outside Australia to be granted the visa.
Longer Tourist visas for parents of Australians from 24 November 2012, parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents will be able to apply for Tourist visas to visit Australia for longer. See details in the FAQ
For more information please see: click here
Certain tourists are also eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or an eVisitor.
Repeat visits and long stays
This visa is designed only to allow temporary travel to Australia for tourism purposes or to visit family and friends. It cannot be used for long-term stays or residence. To be eligible for a further Tourist visa in the future, you must maintain extended periods of time outside of Australia.
If you would like to migrate or spend longer periods in Australia, you should explore more appropriate visa options which may be more suitable.
What does this visa let me do?
If granted, this visa will allow you either a single or multiple entries to Australia for a stay period of up to Three, Six or Twelve months.
The period of stay and number of entries granted will depend on the purpose of the visit and your personal circumstances:
Tourist / Business Visa Requirements:
- Passport:Original Passport with validity of minimum six months after the intended date of departure and minimum two blank pages for visa stamp.
a) Copy of previous passports and visas issued.
b) Attach all your old passports (if any).
c) If any visa request was refused, details of original letter issued by the authorities of that country would be preferred.
- Austria Visa Application Form: Visa application form must be filled and signed by the applicant.
- Photo Specification: Two recent passport size photographs with matt or semi matt finish, 60-80% face coverage, white background and without border (Size: 35mm x 45mm)
Please Note: Photograph should not be more than 3 months old, scanned/stapled and should not be used in any of the previous visas.
- Covering-Letter: Covering Letter from applicant name, designation, Passport Number, purpose and outlining who will be responsible for the full costs of the trip – travel, accommodation, expenses etc. Addressed to – The Visa Officer, Embassy of Austria, Dhaka.
- Invitation Letter: (If Any)
a) Forwarding Letter / NOC from the applicant’s company authority on the company’s letter head stating applicant’s name, designation, passport number, purpose and duration of visit.
b) Visa request letter from the educational institute or student card/evidence of school enrollment (if student)
- Proof of Occupation:
a) Company registration certificate (original notarized English translated and photocopy of the original) if the applicant is a first time traveler or a proprietor.
b) Office ID card copy & Visiting cards.
a) Company’s or Personal Bank Statement for last six months mentioning the Bank’s name, Bank’s Telephone Number clearly.
b) Salary slip for the last six months. (If Any)
- Airline & Hotel Reservation: Ticket Itinerary & Hotel Booking.
- Travel Insurance: Insurance must be valid for the whole Schengen area. The insurance must cover medical fees, hospitalization and repatriation costs up to 30,000 Euros. The insurance must fully cover the whole period of stay within the Schengen area.
- Documents related to civil status of the applicant: For married applicants: marriage certificate (e.g. “Nika Namah” for Muslims or marriage act for Hindus, both translated in English)